Timber Picker / Forklift Operator
Base: Dominion Way, Worthing
Reports to: The Mill Manager
Timber Picker (Timber Talisman) duties include the following:-
- Picking and sorting of timber from packs, to customers cutting list
- Tallying of timber selected on paperwork
- Banding and labelling of orders produced
- Sorting, stacking and moving timber in and around the warehouse
- Keeping the warehouse and timber racks clean, tidy, free of obstacles and well stocked.
Forklift Operator duties include the following:-
- Using a front loading counter balance forklift to assist picking orders.
- Helping loading and unloading lorries.
- Covering holidays for Sideloader driver as backup driver.
Forklift licence not needed, full training will be given.
Should the occasion arise yard staff are expected to carry out any other duties reasonably requested of them in the yard that they are trained for or capable of doing. You may also occasionally be required to work in either other departments or at a different branch.
We will issue staff with company t-shirts, polo shirts, sweat shirts and coats.
The person we are looking for to fill the above position must meet the following:-
- A general level of literacy is required.
- Must be numeric.
- Yard staff come into contact with fellow employees, customers and members of the public and must be polite, courteous and helpful.
- The physical ability to manually handle timber of various sizes.
- Friendly disposition
- Experience with timber
- Forklift experience
- The ability to work as part of a team
Please download the form below, print it out, fill it in and send it back or
Email it to
Download the Wenbans Job Application Form.